This position has been filled.
The Portland Jazz Composers Ensemble is seeking a motivated, early-career arts administrator or artist with an interest in arts administration to join our 3-member administrative team. We are a quickly growing organization dedicated to building community and opportunity for jazz composers, musicians, listeners and students in Portland.
This position is part-time and temporary, from September 2016 to June 2017. Minimum of 10 and maximum of 20 hours per month, as well as occasional evening events. Work is performed remotely, with bi-weekly in-person work sessions with Executive Director in inner SE or Downtown Portland. $13-15 per hour based on experience.
Duties to include the following, with others possible as needed and agreed upon:
- Assist in drafting contracts based on existing templates
- Assist Director of Operations in managing ensemble including scheduling rehearsals, printing music, and other duties as assigned
- Assemble and mail record label promotional materials and products
- Draft marketing, fundraising, and social media copy
- Edit and publish website content
- Communicate with vendors, media, donors, artists and sponsors via email and phone
- Grant research and proposal writing
- Database management
- Assist with event planning and community outreach events
- Other duties as assigned
Desired skills or experience in order of preference:
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience with Mailchimp email marketing, Google, Artful.ly ticketing and donor database, Asana project management apps, and WordPress websites
- Grants research and proposal writing experience
- Audio recording and editing skills, interest in podcasting
Interested candidates should email a brief cover letter and resume, no longer than one page each, to Executive Director Douglas Detrick at email@example.com. The Portland Jazz Composers Ensemble is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.